I’m going to try to do this little review post at the end of each month and it will be in three parts. (Previous Months: January – February – March – April – May – June – July)
Top Posts for August
Life Size Jenga – June 28, 2010
Lessons From my Five Biggest Sports Moments - August 16, 2011
Review: Founding Brothers – May 25, 2011
How to Pack up and Move Across the Country – July 19, 2011
7 Ways Google Voice Can Make Your Life Easier – August 10, 2011
Progress Towards my Goals
I wrote about what I’m striving for in 2011 at the beginning of the year.
- Read more. <– Right on track! You can see my book reviews from all the books I’ve read.
- Spend more time in personal reflection (focusing on where I’ve grown and where I can). <–it has been a good month of reflection and direction-finding
- Outreach more with my consulting. <– launched my coaching venture
- Write. <– Finished the first draft … now letting it ferment!
- Paint. <– I have an idea so now I just need to do it
- Take more photos. <– I need to schedule some time to edit some of the latest photos I’ve taken. You can also check out my store for other photos.
- Join a club or recreational sports league. (dodge ball anyone?) <– postponed until the fall
- Cook. <– I’ve slipped on the in-depth cooking, but I try to cook a nice meal over the weekends
- Entertain. <– Will continue to do it with friends
- Ask questions. <– definitely getting better at this one
Other Goals I’m Pursuing
- Speaking Clients – none
- Coaching Clients – none
- Secure an Agent – haven’t started
- Blog Post Frequency – Currently on pace
- Business Income – 38% towards goal
- Read 16 Books – Completed 10
- Personal Savings Goal – On pace
- Pay Off Student Loan – On pace
- Paint Six Paintings – Haven’t had time
- Attend 12 Networking Events – Behind pace
- Take Photos Once a Month – I have gone out four times so far
- Sell a Painting – not yet
- Start Volunteering – Began working with The Trevor Project in May!
- Make 52 new NYC Connections – Must update my tracking sheet
August just flew by! Seriously … how it is September already? This is the time that I usually begin to assess the goals that I set out and hone in on the ones that I believe I will be able to spend the last 90 days of the year on and scrap the ones that just won’t happen. In my September review, I will document that process and give you an update on the final goals I am pursuing for 2011 and where I am leaning for 2012.