I’m going to try to do this little review post at the end of each month and it will be in three parts. (Previous Months: January – February – March)
Top Posts for April
Life Size Jenga – June 28, 2010
Tolerance is Education – April 20, 2011
Shawnee Mission North Relays – June 4, 2010
Be a Child – June 7, 2010
March At-a-Glance – April 5, 2011
Progress Towards my Goals
I wrote about what I’m striving for in 2011 at the beginning of the year.
- Read more. <– I have really kicked this one into gear. You can see my book reviews from all the books I’ve read.
- Spend more time in personal reflection (focusing on where I’ve grown and where I can). <–haven’t had time
- Outreach more with my consulting. <– Landed a small client
- Write. <– I finally began the fiction book I have talked about for two years
- Paint. <– I have an idea so now I just need to do it
- Take more photos. <– I finally went out to Astoria and took some photos last month, as well as capturing the Union Square area. You can check out my store for the photos.
- Join a club or recreational sports league. (dodge ball anyone?) <– postponed until the fall
- Cook. <– I’ve slipped on the in-depth cooking, but I have a few recipes to dice into this month
- Entertain. <– Will continue to do it with friends
- Ask questions. <– haven’t had time
Other Goals I’m Pursuing
- Speaking Clients – none
- Coaching Clients – none
- Secure an Agent – haven’t started
- Blog Post Frequency – Currently on pace
- Business Income – 10% towards goal
- Read 16 Books – Completed 3
- Personal Savings Goal – On pace
- Pay Off Student Loan – On pace
- Paint Six Paintings – Haven’t had time
- Attend 12 Networking Events – Behind pace
- Take Photos Once a Month – I have gone out three times so far … just need to develop them
- Sell a Painting – not yet
- Start Volunteering – I am attending an orientation with The Trevor Project this month!
- Make 52 new NYC Connections – Must update my tracking sheet
April has been a month of profound change for my life. I have started a new day-job which is invigorating and exciting – it is always cool to meet new people! Additionally, on a random Saturday while shopping with Nathanael, I found an idea for a great book and product that I’m working on the proposal for. Exciting things indeed!